Breakfast and Evening meals
Experience wonderful cooking, we offer a range of cuisines, mostly European and English. Each evening we serve a freshly prepared 3 course dinner usually served early in the evening, depending on the daytime itinerary. We do not expect you to dress for dinner (unless of course you wish to do so!) it is an informal affair.
We use quality ingredients, locally sourced where ever possible. There is usually a choice of starter, main course and home made desserts but we may ask you to select the day before. It would be most helpful to inform us in advance of your stay if you have any particular dislikes or special dietary needs and we will do our best to accommodate.
Afternoon tea is available in the afternoons on any non tour day or part day providing a selection of home made cake and teas.
We offer traditional full English breakfast freshly cooked to order, or you can choose from a range of delicious alternatives, light cooked options such as scrambled or poached egg and muffins can be provided. We use free range eggs and the bacon and sausage is supplied by a local butcher. We bake our own bread and there is a range of juices, fresh fruit, fruit compotes, porridge, yoghurt and cereals. There is of course a plentiful supply of fresh filter coffee and a selection of teas. We tend to use semi skimmed milk and butter.
Lunches are not included; tour days will include stopping places where you can find a restaurant, cafe, tea shop or a maybe a pub so you can try a local beer with your lunch! On some days we may arrange a picnic.
Sample Dinner Menu
- Home made soup of the day, served with crusty bread.
- Pate with salad garnish, red current jelly and toast.
- Orange and grapefruit segments laced with Cointreau
- Smoked salmon salad with a light French Dressing
- Melon slices with fruits and a raspberry coulis
- Warm Bacon & Mushroom Salad with Red Onion and dressing
- Creamy Garlic Mushrooms
- Chilled Orange Juice
Main Course Examples
Where appropriate, mains are served with a selection of two different seasonal vegetables and potatoes.
- Fish Mornay with smoked haddock, pollock and salmon in a creamy sauce topped with Cheese.
- Pan fried seabass fillet served with a white wine and prawn sauce or with lemon
- Steamed cod fillet in a Lemon & Parsley Butter
- Baked salmon fillet with parsley sauce or plain with roasted vine tomatoes
- Sea food paella
- Oven baked chicken breast in a white wine and mushroom sauce
- Beef or vegetable lasagne, garlic bread and side salad
- Gammon steak, topped with pineapple or a fried egg.
- Pork steak with a cider and mustard sauce
- Beef meatballs in rich onion gravy.
- Roast chicken, topped with crispy bacon
- Oven Braised Beef in beerÂ casserole
- Mixed grill: Pork steak, lamb chop and butchers sausage with fried egg and mushrooms.
- Hunters Chicken; breast of chicken, wrapped in bacon with a creamy herb cheese filling
- Braised lamb and mint casserole
- Creamy mushroom and sweet pepper stroganoff
- Leek and mushroom carbonara with spaghetti pasta.
- Fruit crumble and custard
- Sticky toffee pudding with custard, cream or ice cream
- Creamy rice pudding
- Bakewell pudding
- Creamy cheesecake with ice cream or cream
- Ice Cream Fruit Sundae
- Pavlova with seasonal fruits
- Traditional trifle
- Traditional Eton Mess
- A selection of English cheeses and biscuits is available each day.
Filter coffee or tea with after dinner mints